Search This Blog

Wednesday 14 October 2015

Recipe Time!! Apple and Cinnamon Cake


Recipe time!!!
 
Here's a great recipe for you to try! 

Try making apple and cinnamon sponge cake it tastes great. This is one recipe that my Nan makes a lot especially when I go to visit because I absolutely love it. It's  great to have with a cup of tea especially when it's warm or just come out of the oven.

I love it when my Nan Bakes I think that she makes the best cakes ever however that may just be because I'm a little bit biased as she is my Nan. Unfortunately for me my Nan does not live close to me so I don't get to have apple and cinnamon cake often unless I'm visiting her or she is here visiting me and I seriously can not wait that long for my favourite cake. So instead I convinced her to give me the recipe that she uses. Now I know by now that you can find hundreds and hundreds or various recipes for apple and cinnamon cake however I already know that I love my Nan's cake, I know the recipe works and tastes great for my particular tastes so why bother changing it. 

So here it is the recipe of Apple and Cinnamon cake 

  • 3 eggs- My Nan always says to weigh the eggs first and then to adjust all the weights of the other ingredients to match that of the eggs. This makes a great sponge, light and fluffy. you can nearly always guarantee great results for a great sponge if you do it this way.
  • So then you add soft margarine, self raising flour and caster sugar remember that the amount of each of these ingredients that you add should match the weight of the eggs. For example if the eggs weighed 118g you would need to add 118g of margarine,caster sugar and flour to the mixture. It would be the same if the weight of the eggs equaled 130g you would then need to put in 130g of margarine,sugar and flour.
  • You also need two teaspoons of Cinammon which you will sieve in with the flour. 
  • You need 4 apples, preferably cooking apples, but normal apples should also work if you haven't go any cooking apples, which you might not during the winter. So you need to wash, peel and chop the apples then boil them for a short while in order to soften then up  to put in the sponge cake. Try not to boil them for too long that they turn into more of an apple stew. I did this once so used the stewed apple for something else and had to start again. Once you have soften the apple you can put it in your mixture.
  • You then bake at 180 Degrees for 40 mins (I have a fan cooker so this is the timings I  would use so you may have to adjust this slightly depending on what type of cooker you have.

So there we go! once cooked take it out of the oven and enjoy!!

BellePheonix 
Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment