Search This Blog

Tuesday 13 October 2015

Help raise money for Dementia! Support Vanessa with her fundraising!!

Hey guys sorry I haven't posted anything in a while I have been busy with uni, work and packing for my holiday which I am going on at the end of this week.

However I just thought I would take a quick moment to ask you to help support my best Friend who is trying to raise money for dementia UK by doing a sponsored skydive. You can help to support her by going to her page and making a donation and sharing her page with others. 

She is attempting to raise £400 pounds for dementia UK by November 20th and with your support she should be able to achieve this goal. I will share a link to her page at the bottom of this post and on my. Google + page so go ahead and take a look. 

I am unbelievably proud of my best friend as I know she works hard and likes to help make a difference in others lives. She always tries to help others out so I thought this might be one way I can help her after all the times that she has helped me when I needed it most. 

Dementia awareness is important as it will help us to one day hopefully come up with a cure. Dementia doesn't just affect the person who has it but also affects there entire family and friends. I will also be sharing with you some links which will halo to explain to you what dementia is and the affects of dementia in a way better than I can explain. 

 However I will share with you that my great granddad had dementia when I was only little so I myself don't remember exactly what it is like having a family member who suffers with dementia. What I do remember however is that my great grandad never actually knew who I was. He would always call me by my mum's or my aunts name every time we visited him. I imagine it must have been hard for my parents and grandparents to watch this and to know they he didn't not remember a lot of the important moments in life. One thing my great grandad did remember was his absolute love of malteasers and how he could always expect a box when we went to visit. 





http://www.justgiving.com/Vanessa-Mary.         (Support Vanessa here! Go to her page and donate) 

Thank you
Xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment