Search This Blog

Thursday 15 October 2015

Short Snippet to a Story I've started writing! Xxx

So here I am at only 20 years old, with my own large house pretty much guaranteed for life when I’m still only a mere student living off of what little I have left of my student finance. How I came to get this house you may ask, one that I would under any other normal circumstances not be able to afford. Well I was left it. That’s right I was just left a house! normal aunts might leave you a few bits of jewellery, a couple or paintings or even just some old rubbish that you would never use but you treasure it anyway for its sentimental value. Not my aunt, my crazy fortune telling, ghost believing aunt who decided to leave me just about the oldest house in Britain as a gift to me in her will and when I say house I mean more of a mansion. It’s that big and kind of resembles a small castle in some ways with its gothic design.  The building is a large dark imposing building, the kind of building you might see in a film you know the type, the vampire/witchy, medieval type film. It had large dark, thick oak doors, with a big black door knocker. It had multiple large windows which could only suggest as to the number of rooms there are. There seemed to be an aura of mystery and magic surrounding the whole building which only helped to increase the rumours that the building was haunted. The whole village was terrified to even step within 5 feet of the front gate before turning back. There were several turrets sprouting up from the main building which only enhanced the building unusual but creepy kind of beauty making it look all the more like a castle. All in all it looked like the perfect place to film a horror movie or a medieval T.V program. The building had a kind of Tudor/medieval era feel to the whole thing and that was before I had even stepped inside. Looking out of the window of my car I could see the estate agent stood just by the large double doors clipboard and keys in hand trying to keep up a professional image whilst all the while looking like a terrified child, pale as a ghost and shaking like a leaf looking like she was about to bolt any moment. You could see clearly by the look upon her face that she, like myself, did not want to be here only for different reasons.

Getting out of my car I quickly locked it and began to make my way over to the estate agent, walking swiftly across the gravel drive crunching under my feet. “Hello I’m Megan” the estate agent spoke as I reached her sticking out her hand for me to shake “ You must be Elizabeth” “urrm yeah I am but I prefer to be called Eliza” I replied whilst shaking her hand “Okay well Eliza as you know your Aunt umm she umm well she left you this house, I would…. I would like to get the paperwork done as soon as possible. I just need you to sign a few bits and they house is all yours.”. “Right okay well where do I need to sign?” “Oh oh right urmm….”flicking through bits of paper that were attached to her clipboard to find the right one. Grabbing it she pulled it out and attached it to the top before shoving it under my nose along with a pen. “You just need to….to sign across the dotted line… yeah that one right there” She said pointing to the spot at the bottom of the page. I quickly read through the contract which was the same one I had been shown at the office originally when I had found out that I had inherited the house. Nothing in the contract seemed to have changed it merely stated that I was now the owner of this fine house and that everything was already paid off for it in advance. Along with that I was given some other papers which showed the history of the house and how it was that my family came to own it, shoving those quickly into the bag that I had slung across my shoulder I signed the papers and handed them back Megan. Putting the clipboard away she turned to me and handed me the keys. They were large old rusty looking keys big and silver that matched the old looking lock on the door. “Do you… do you need me to show you around or urrr….. anything” Megan stuttered eyeing the door warily like something was about to jump out and bite her. Taking pity on the poor woman I told her that I should be okay to figure things out myself and with that she turned around and sped of back down the drive way and out of the magnificent iron gates faster than I would have expected considering the heels she was wearing. I had to admit it was pretty impressive seeing her rush away in 5inch high heels when I myself could barely walk at a normal speed. Once she had disappeared into her car and driven away I turned towards the giant oak doors, looking at them I figured that with the size of them they would be quite heavy to move. Shoving the key into the lock I turned it slowly and heard the lock click signalling that it was open, with a great big shove I opened the doors which let out a great groan as it opened slightly. Pushing it even more until it was fully open, I stepped into the house.  

No comments:

Post a Comment