Search This Blog

Tuesday 17 May 2016

Birthdays and tattoos!

A few weeks ago for my birthday I decided I was going to be spontaneous and courageous and try something sooo completely out of my comfort zone. I GOT A TATOO!!! now I know what many of you are probably thinking a tattoo really?!? That's not brave or courageous hundreds of people get tattoos everyday. Yeah they do!! However like I'm sure  many people out there are I am terrified of needles I can.not.stand.them!! So for me this
was quite a challenge. So on the morning of my birthday I decide no you know what I'm gonna do it I'm gonna go ahead and get a tattoo. I'm gonna tick something of my list of goals that I wish to achieve! As I'm sure I have mentioned before I have a list of goals, things I would really like to achieve (preferably before I'm forty if not then at least before I'm too old). Getting a tattoo is just one of the things that is on this list even if it is just the one small one I'll be able to say I've done it. I don't want to look back in thirty years time and say I never tried anything. I want to be able to tell my kids yes I have no regrets, I tried new things, had adventures I don't want to look back and say I never did anything at all. I know getting a tattoo is probably a really small thing that has no effect on what you achieved in your life but it's a start of trying things that aren't always within my comfort zone that push me to try different things. So anyway I had thought for a long time about what things I might get  if I ever got a tattoo, I did a lot of research( that's the student in me coming out) I asked a lot of questions but I never thought I would actually ever do it. So when I decided to first get my tattoo I thought why not if I keep questioning it/myself I won't ever do it. So on my birthday I printed off the design I liked and just made sure it was something I wanted and went down to the tattoo parlour with my friend. I got there opened the door and went it and I was hit with this smell of clean you know that kind of smell you get in the dentist and I could hear the tattoo gun. I'm not going to like I nearly turned around and went back out door then and there.
 But I didn't I stuck it out and got my tattoo. And I can tell you I am very proud of myself for siting through it as I never thought in a million years I would ever do it!!! Xx



No comments:

Post a Comment