Search This Blog

Thursday 23 July 2015

New Experiences and Changes~ Basically just talking about a whole new wardrobe

Last year I started something completely new. I started a new course at college. So way, way, way back in September when I started I got a bit fed up. I had this whole well new thing, new people, new experience and yet I still feel well rubbish really. I thought well new people who don't know me very well there is no judgement I can be whoever I want to be. They don't know me as the shy, quiet girl that a lot of people used to see me as. So why not surprise them a bit and try something a bit different and see what I come up with.

So about a week into this new course I suddenly decided that seeing as I had changed a lot of things already why not just try something different in terms of style. So one weekend I threw out a majority of my old wardrobe and replaced it with a completely new one. New style that I hadn't really tried out before and found it really suited me so I felt much more confident. That's same weekend I went out and had my hair cut. It went from partway down my back to being just under my shoulder, (  quite short) I had a fair bit cut off. I also had blonde highlights put in. I also got the top of my ear pierced (cartilage) something that I had been considering for a while but never had the guts to do ( Not suggesting you actually do any of this by the way).

After that I went back into college and a lot of people where surprised about my hair being short and blonde. A lot of people said that they liked it.

I was and am really happy about the result. I feel much happier as a person because it wasn't that I had changed myself because I hadn't really. I just cared less about what others thought. I accepted who I was so decided to do things my way. Which was what getting my haircut and a new wardrobe was all about. It was more about accepting than change. There are still things about myself that I obviously want to change or I wish were different, but at the end of the day I am working on building my confidence and Self esteem and trying new things whilst remaining myself.

 You tend to find that once you have left secondary school and you are no longer surrounded by the same group of people that you had been for five years, the ones who new you at the very start of the secondary. It becomes a lot easier to just be yourself because the new people you meet haven't judged you yet so you can be who you want to be. Unlike in secondary school in which it is more difficult because although you change the judgements whilst not always bad tend to find a way of sticking because they have already been set. You are often seen to be the same as you were back in year 7 when you started. For example I'm small and quite and shy particularly to new people I meet so for a lot of people who weren't really my best friends they only ever saw me as being quiet and not talking.

BellePheonix
Xx
P.s Sorry it's so long just though I would share as My younger sister is having a similar tough time at the minute and it gave me an idea.

I've still kept my hair shoulder length and Blonde and I'm still loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment